This sounds more like the wars the erupt between descriptivists and prescriptivists to me: 4 Copy Editors Killed In Ongoing AP Style, Chicago Manual Gang Violence.
- Using Had: the Past Perfect Tense
- Is It Him and I or Him and Me?
- Have You Run into This Grammar Error?
- Is It Have Gone or Have Went?
- Has Your Curiosity Been Peaked---or Piqued?
- And Yet, But Yet: Pick a Coordinating Conjunction, Any Coordinating Conjunction
- Is it Beside or Besides the Point?
- The Appointment is Not for the Doctor!
- Ideation and Ideating
- Bring, Brang, Brung, Brought